Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Food Descripion Journal


Food Description

By the time I got out of class, it was way past the normal time to eat lunch. I hadn’t eaten all day and I was starving. I had been thinking about the buffalo chicken wraps with the crispy chicken, spicy buffalo sauce, and soft tortillas. They were being served in the cafeteria that day and I had been anticipating lunchtime since before I arrived at school. I finally made it to the cafeteria to find that they were sold out of the wraps, but that wasn’t the worst of it. They had sold out of all the other good food that they normally have. I was forced to buy one of the premade sandwiches which actually didn’t seem too bad. I purchased the sandwich which, in my opinion, was overpriced, and I made my way to my usual table. I carefully unwrapped the sandwich and when I lifted the bread I was disappointed to find that there were tomatoes on it. It couldn’t have been the slices of tomatoes, but instead the finely chopped diced tomatoes that were near impossible to pick off. I was upset but I was so hungry that I had no choice but to begin scraping the tiny little red chunks from the sandwich. The smell was nauseating, and the appearance was disgusting. The seemingly easy task of separating the tomatoes from the lettuce proved to be a challenge. After wasting nearly my entire lunch period getting rid on the tomatoes, I finally thought I got the sandwich to an edible point. I took a bite and immediately sensed the slimy, bitter, sickening taste of the juice and seeds left behind from the tomatoes. The sandwich caused me to lose my appetite so I threw the rest of the demolished sandwich away. The cafeteria should label the ingredients of the sandwiches on the outside of the packaging to avoid this kind of dilemma.

No comments:

Post a Comment